Making your own mayonnaise is a skill that is well worth investing in. Unlike its commercial alternative, homemade mayonnaise is full of nutrition, void of additives, and has a delicate texture that’s hard to beat. Turn your hand to the whisk and give it a try. Once you’ve mastered the art of emulsion, you’ll have a mayonnaise whipped up sooner than you can unscrew that jar.
• Use room temperature ingredients
• Place a tea towel or cloth underneath your bowl to stop it slipping
• Use a ballon whisk
• Use a wide bottomed bowl (like a pasta bowl
• Give the egg yolk, salt and mustard a good whisk before adding the oil
• Start off slow and build up to a steady stream of oil when you see it beginning to thicken
Just add a dash of hot water and “whisk-whisk-whisk”, until it comes back together. Then continue to add oil. Alternatively you can slowly whisk the split mixture into a new egg yolk, and proceed with more oil.
You can download our free mobile app, as well as join our clinical study for free to follow our reversal program
Look out for an email with the next steps
and if you need any help, contact us at email@example.com