Smoky, creamy and completely addictive. Say hello to you’re new hummus, baba ganoush! Have a dollop with meals, or dip your veggies, and keto crackers into it.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Place the whole aubergine in a baking tray and roast for 25–30 minutes until blacked, and soft.
3. Once cooked, allow to cool and peel away the blackened skin from the flesh.
4. Reserve a third of the aubergine, and roughly chop into 1cm pieces. Set aside
5. Place the rest of the aubergine into a blender with the tahini, lemon juice, grated garlic, and smoked paprika.
6. Blitz until well combined. With the blender still running, slowly add the olive oil, to emulsify with the aubergine mixture.
7. Stir in the parsley and the chopped aubergine (this adds a nice texture). Season with salt and pepper and serve with delicate chicory leaves.
Chicory leaves are perfect vehicles for scooping baba ganoush from plate to mouth!
Also, feel free to add more garlic if you wish.